So I began thinking this morning about what luxury item I would want to have with me if I was stranded on a desert island π
It’s a game where we love posing the question ‘what would you have with you if you were trapped on a desert island?’ It’s rules are usually something along the lines of the Radio 4 show ‘desert island discs’; something like this:
1. One Book π (already on the island are the complete works of Shakespeare and the Bible - or another spiritual and sacred text of your choice)
2. Three songs of your choice π΅ (worry not about the means to play the songs)
3. A luxury item π« (this has to be inanimate and by no means helpful for escaping the island)
My luxury item?
A towel.
How clever of me, a towel; I can sunbathe, use it as a rug in my new found cave dwelling, dry off after a wash, use it as a blanket or roll it up as a pillow. Then I did a little look at some other responses ... musical instruments are the biggest category with people requesting a piano the most. Secondly people tend to go down the foody route - champagne, ketchup etc. Comfort came in 4th. Pillows, hammocks, beds etc.
All these luxury ideas made my towel look like a wet napkin. Still, I’m there now.
Anyway! I didn’t think any more of it all day. Then later I was having a little wander and thought if I just suddenly ended up on a desert island with everything I have on me right now - how would I fare?? Hence the start of this blog.
I’m going to choose 3 unusual items that I’m carrying with me on my person and think about how useful they would be on a desert island. (I might also choose a song every now and then too)
So - here’s to my desert island survival! π»
It’s a game where we love posing the question ‘what would you have with you if you were trapped on a desert island?’ It’s rules are usually something along the lines of the Radio 4 show ‘desert island discs’; something like this:
1. One Book π (already on the island are the complete works of Shakespeare and the Bible - or another spiritual and sacred text of your choice)
2. Three songs of your choice π΅ (worry not about the means to play the songs)
3. A luxury item π« (this has to be inanimate and by no means helpful for escaping the island)
My luxury item?
A towel.
How clever of me, a towel; I can sunbathe, use it as a rug in my new found cave dwelling, dry off after a wash, use it as a blanket or roll it up as a pillow. Then I did a little look at some other responses ... musical instruments are the biggest category with people requesting a piano the most. Secondly people tend to go down the foody route - champagne, ketchup etc. Comfort came in 4th. Pillows, hammocks, beds etc.
All these luxury ideas made my towel look like a wet napkin. Still, I’m there now.
Anyway! I didn’t think any more of it all day. Then later I was having a little wander and thought if I just suddenly ended up on a desert island with everything I have on me right now - how would I fare?? Hence the start of this blog.
I’m going to choose 3 unusual items that I’m carrying with me on my person and think about how useful they would be on a desert island. (I might also choose a song every now and then too)
So - here’s to my desert island survival! π»
No comments:
Post a Comment